Operations Manager - Buildings and Property
Job Title: Operations Manager - Buildings and Property
Position Summary This position is responsible for general and preventive maintenance and safety of all sites as well as ensuring compliance with all regulatory authorities related to buildings, properties, equipment, pool-spa, vehicles, fire codes and life safety codes.
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections of all sites, vehicles and designated equipment as specified and ensures all deficiencies are corrected. Ensures facilities, properties, equipment and vehicles are safe and well maintained.
- Responsible for maintenance employee(s) safety, training, standards, performance, evaluations and overseeing the completion of daily tasks.
- Works to coordinate volunteer projects that pertain to buildings and properties.
- Completes routine documentation regarding preventative maintenance, work orders, vehicle inspections, purchases and other reporting systems as required.
- Ensures contract vendors complete projects as specified and monitor quality of service and goods provided by vendors.
- Maintains compliance with standards, laws, rules and/or regulations related to buildings, properties, equipment, and vehicles with all regulatory authorities (i.e. DODD, ODH, MCHD, EPA and local fire officials).
- Performs all other essential duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates teamwork, cooperation and effective working relationships with clients, family members, coworkers, supervisory staff, subordinates, professionals and others to facilitate service delivery and a positive agency image.
- Adheres to the agency policies and acts as a role model in adherence to these policies.
Bona-fide Occupationally Required Competencies and Credentials:
- Must have a High school diploma or GED, with at least 3 years of general maintenance experience.
- Display ability to perform general maintenance tasks including outlet wiring (no service box work), repairs, environmental modifications and adaptations, operation of equipment and tools.
- Displays knowledge of regulations related to safety and building maintenance, including local and state requirements
- Must have personal vehicle and tools.
- Maintains required certification(s).
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must have a valid Ohio Driver’s License, good driving record, and carry the proper liability insurance amounts required by the SHC.
- Must have the ability to work independently.
- Must have good communication, mathematical and reasoning skills
Location: Main Office (Seville, Ohio)
Travel: Daily, generally of a local nature
Reports to: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt; Full-time (40 hrs./week)
Supervises: Maintenance Staff
Works with: Clients, external vendors, department directors and administrative support staff, Ohio Department of Health, Medina County Health Department, EPA, Waste Water and Source Water Departments, maintenance personnel, human resource representative, program and site management.
Physical Demands/Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Physical demands: While performing duties of the job, employee is required to stand, climb, walk, sit, drive, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.