Director of Development and Community Relations SHC/The Arc of Medina
Director of Development and Community Relations
Responsible for the general oversight and direction for the agency’s community fund development, marketing and public relations. These activities include fundraising, grant writing, public relations strategies, electronic and social media strategies, and traditional print and advertising mediums. Responsible for advocacy and education program support, volunteer development and legacy/gift giving.
- Create and execute a strategic funding plan in collaboration with the Executive Director and Directors.
- Responsible for the development and coordination of fund development, including developing and maintaining partnerships with businesses and supporters, annual fundraising plans, special events, membership and volunteer activities, legacy donations, community fundraising activity and grant writing projects.
- Coordinates grant writing activities for all programs to ensure that applications are submitted to the appropriate grantor, and are written according to the grant requirements and reported according to the grant specifications.
- Ensures all special events achieve/exceed revenue goal by implementing industry best practices for recruiting event committees, teams, sponsors, and individuals to grow stakeholder base. Evaluate event results and prepare recommendations for future events, manage the event budget, engage media, supervise event logistics, ensure databases are updated and provide an excellent experience for all participants.
- Aggressively seek new coporate and foundation funding and maintain relationships with current and past donors. Monitor all donor information and provide to management team and boards. Lead special projects and experiences to engage donors.
- Attend SHC Foundation and SHC Board meetings.
- Design and manage public relations of the SHC brand. Responsible for marketing and communications on all platforms to maximize public awareness of the agency and fundraising. [Newsprint, website, social media, Provider Guide Plus website, crisis communication site]
- Oversees People Together Program.
- Build strong, collaborative cross-functional relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with Executive Director to recruit supporters and engagement with SHC.
- Represent agency at community events and in smaller settings.
- Maintains oversight of agency membership and volunteer activities.
- Demonstrates leadership, teamwork, cooperation and effective working relationships with individuals, family members, guardians, coworkers, management staff, professionals, donors, members, SHC Board of Directors, SHC Foundation Board of Directors and others to facilitate service delivery and a positive agency image.
- Adheres to the agency policies and acts as a role model in adherence to these policies.
- Works within a team building environment to support the success of individuals with disabilities.
- Performs all other essential duties as assigned.
Bona-fide Occupationally Required Competencies and Credentials:
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, or related field. Five years of experience preferred in fundraising and development with at least three (3) years of supervision and management.
- Must be proficient using design and publishing programs, as well as social media.
- Must have ability to effectively and clearly communicate thoughts.
- Must show initiative, be creative, and exercise sound judgment.
- Must demonstrate confidence and the ability to motivate.
- Must have a valid Ohio Driver’s License, good driving record, and carry the proper liability insurance amounts required by the SHC.
Meetings and site visits within the agency; meetings, marketing events and seminars outside of the agency
Exempt; Full-time (40 hrs./week)
Administrative Coordinators and Office Assistant
Internal and external stakeholders.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Physical demands: While performing
duties of the job, employee is required to stand, walk, sit, drive, reach with hands and arms, talk
and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Work environment:
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.