Day Program Supervisor - Medina
The Society for Handicapped Citizens of Medina County Inc. (SHC)
Job Title: Day Program Supervisor- Day Program (Medina County)
Position Summary: This position works closely with Operations Manager contracting, hiring, training, supervising and evaluating of all Link Medina and Main Campus staff. This position has the responsibility for managing staff, and the provision of client-centered service delivery which ensures the health and safety of individuals.
- Works closely with Operations Manager to hire, train, supervise and evaluate all Link Medina and Main Campus staff.
- Addresses personnel issues, including staffing and staff accountability, disciplinary actions and coaching to ensure quality of services to individuals.
- Responsible for exploring new community opportunities (volunteer and employment based).
- Serves as a key team member for individuals and attends individuals’ meetings and planning sessions.
- May be asked to work with the Service and Support Administrators of the County Boards to coordinate the daily activities, programming, services, and recreation of the settings according to the requirements of the Individual Service Plans.
- Assist with orientation and training of new staff upon hire.
- Demonstrates leadership, teamwork, cooperation and effective working relationships with clients, family members, coworkers, supervisory staff, subordinates, professionals and others to facilitate service delivery and a positive agency image.
- Adheres to the agency policies and acts as a role model in adherence to these policies.
- Performs all other essential duties as assigned.
Bona-fide Occupationally Required Competencies and Credentials:
- Bachelor’s Degree in education, psychology, human services, social services or nursing preferred. Two years of experience in the field of developmental disabilities, with at least one (1) year of supervision and management.
- Displays knowledge of Ohio Department of Job and Family Services, Ohio Department of Health and Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities regulations.
- Must be an effective leader, be self-motivated, dependable, and cooperative and have the ability to work flexible hours.
- Must obtain and maintain certification in Medication Administration, First Aid, CPR, Crisis Management and other courses as required.
- Must have basic computer and word processing skills.
- Must have a valid Ohio Driver’s License, good driving record and carry the proper liability insurance amounts required by the SHC.
Location: Medina Links
Travel: Meetings and site visits within the agency; meetings and seminars outside of the agency
Reports to: Operations Manager-Day Program-Medina County
FLSA Status: Exempt; Full-time (40 hrs/week)
Supervises: Site Coordinators and Direct Support Professionals
Works with: Clients, families, external providers and professionals, nursing, department directors and administrative support staff, maintenance department, program and site management, Medina County Board of Developmental Disabilities, SSA’s, Medina County Schools and transportation.
Physical Demands/Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Physical demands: While performing duties of the job, employee is required to stand, walk, sit, drive, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
403(b) with employer match