Summer Camp Counselors, Counselor/Life Guard Camp Paradise Seville, Ohio
Are you looking for a fun and meaningful summer job? Camp Paradise needs you!
Training June 11 - 15
Week 1 June 18 -22
Week 2 June 25-29
Week 3 July 9-13
Week 4 July 16-20
Week 5 July 23-27
Additional hours available to work in group homes at the end of camp season (Optional)
Job Title: Camp Counselor/Life Guard (Seasonal Summer Camp)
Job Title: Camp Counselor—(Seasonal Summer Camp)
Position Summary: Under the general direction of the Camp Manager or Assistant Camp Manager, the Camp Counselor provides recreation, socialization, skill development and homemaker/personal care for the assigned camper(s) according to the individual’s needs and service plan, and within the parameters of the policies and procedures of SHC. (Duties may vary with client assignment).
- Supports individuals in developing their physical, intellectual, social, and emotional capacities to the fullest extent.
- Provides assistance or supervision in homemaker/personal care such as eating, bathing, grooming, toileting, dressing, behavior support, basic cleaning and chores of the campgrounds (i.e. cabins, lodge, natatorium and grounds) to ensure health and safety of the individual in her/his service setting.
- Performs first aid, CPR, health-related activity, and crisis management as requested and required.
- Ensures the protection of individual rights.
- Provides transportation and assistance to individuals for recreational and community outings.
- Adheres to the assigned work schedule; may be asked to work other shifts.
- Demonstrates teamwork, cooperation and effective working relationships with clients, family members, coworkers, supervisory staff, subordinates, professionals and others to facilitate service delivery and a positive agency image.
- Adheres to the agency policies and acts as a role model in adherence to these policies.
- Performs all other essential duties as assigned.
Bona-fide Occupationally Required Competencies and Credentials:
- Must have a high school diploma, or equivalent and a passion for working with people with Developmental Disabilities.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must obtain and maintain certification in First Aid, CPR, Crisis Management and others as required.
- Must have a valid Ohio Driver’s License and good driving record.
Location: Camp Paradise.
Travel: Community activities as planned.
Reports to: Camp Manager and/or Assistant Camp Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt; Full-time (35 to 40/hrs. per week) or Part-time (less than 35 hrs. per week);
Works with: Clients, families, professionals and medical specialists, administrative support staff, and maintenance personnel.
Physical Demands/Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Physical demands: While performing duties of the job, employee is required to stand, walk, sit, drive, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.