Summer /Seasonal Camp Paradise Camp Counselor/Intern Seville Ohio
Looking for a unique summer job or internship? Not wanting to be stuck in an office all summer? Want to use your compassion to make a difference for others? Have a sense of humor? Then Camp Paradise might be for you!
Located in Seville, picturesque Camp Paradise offers summer vacation for adults with developmental disabilities. They choose from five (5) fun filled weeks at either day or overnight camp in the adventure theme they want.
Can you picture yourself at Camp Paradise empowering campers to develop independence, self-esteem, visit with friends or make new life-long friends in a caring environment?
Counselors/Interns must have a silly sense of humor, be willing to dance like no one is watching, color outside the lines, try new sports, be adventurous, splash with friends in the pool, and end your day around the campfire singing.
If you think you would like to stretch your imagination with our non-traditional summer job or internship opportunity read more!
June 2, 2019 – July 31, 2019 (No camp July 1 – July 5)
Counselor/Intern Responsibilities and Learning Objectives
Under the general direction of the shift lead, the Summer Camp Counselor/Intern provides recreation, socialization, skill development according to the individual’s needs and service plan and within the parameters of the policies and procedures of SHC.
Day to day duties include:
- Making the camp experience fun, memorable and engaging.
- Supporting individuals in developing their physical, intellectual, social and emotional capacities to the fullest extent.
- Providing assistance or supervision with hygiene and personal care.
- Applying behavioral supports and strategies among diverse diagnosis such as autism, dual diagnosis, Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- Ensuring the health and safety of the individuals.
- Maintaining a safe environment within the campgrounds including cleaning and other day to day tasks required of the facility.
As a summer camp intern, you will have the opportunity to learn from professionals in the areas of nursing, PT, Community Integration, QIDPs, as well as families, clients and support staff. You will be provided certification in First Aid, CPR and AED, Physical and Psychological Management Techniques (PMT), and potentially Medication Administration and Health Related Activities.
Intern and Seasonal Job Requirements
All majors are encouraged to apply.
The ideal intern for our program will:
- Have a passion and desire for working with and caring for individuals.
- Have a desire to learn and experience diversity
- Be a highly motivated, energetic, fun and active person
- Love summer fun
Must be 18 years of age or over
Must have a HS Diploma or GED
Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions