Direct Support Professional with Career Pathway Medina County
Join our team! SHC offers a unique career ladder for DSPs which promotes a path to increased compensation that coincides with advancement in learning and leadership.
Full time and part time available, all 3 shifts. $10.00 per hour starting rate with increase to $10.25 in the pay period following 45 days of employment. Additional increases available as part of the SHC career path. Great benefit package for full time including paid time off, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, and employer contribution towards health benefits. Please apply at 4283 Paradise Rd. Seville OH 44273
Job Title: Direct Support Professional
Position Summary: Under the general direction of the Residential Manager or Residential Coordinator, the direct support professional works with, trains and provides active treatment, and assistance for the client in the assigned area and in accordance with each client’s Individual Plan (IP) and plan of care, and within the parameters of the policies and procedures of SHC. (Duties may vary with caseload or shift assignment).
- Supports individuals in developing their physical, intellectual, social, and emotional capacities to the fullest extent.
- Provides assistance or supervision in personal care such as eating, bathing, grooming, toileting, and dressing.
- Ensures the protection of individual rights.
- Provides transportation and assistance to individuals for medical appointments, recreational outings, or personal outings.
- Provides input to Specialist (OT) (PT) and QIDP(s) regarding IP goals and objective.
- Maintains the safety and cleanliness of the group home: completes routine shift assignment as assigned.
- Conducts assigned skill training and behavior management program, records and documents required data. Reports any unusual incidents to designated supervisor.
- Adheres to the assigned work schedule; may be asked to work other shifts; weekends; holidays as requested and to relieve other direct care workers’ in case of illness or emergency.
- Demonstrates teamwork, cooperation and effective working relationships with clients, family members, coworkers, supervisory staff, subordinates, professionals and others to facilitate
- Adheres to the agency policies and acts as a role model in adherence to these policies.
- Performs medication administration and health-related activities as prescribed.
- Performs all other essential duties as assigned.
service delivery and a positive agency image.
Bona-fide Occupationally Required Competencies and Credentials:
- Must have a high school diploma, or equivalent.
- Must be able to remain alert to problems, needs or emergencies that might arise on any shift, maintaining a safe environment for the residents.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must obtain and maintain certification in Medication Administration, First Aid, CPR, PMT and other courses as required
- Must have a valid Ohio Driver’s License, good driving record, and carry the proper liability insurance amounts required by the SHC.
Location: As assigned
Travel: Meetings and site visits within the agency; meetings and seminars outside of the agency.
Reports to: Site Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt; Full-time (35 to 40/hrs. per week) or Part-time (less than 35 hrs. per week)
Works with: Clients, families, professionals and medical specialists, administrative support staff, and maintenance personnel.
Physical Demands/Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Physical demands: While performing duties of the job, employee is required to stand, walk, sit, drive, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.