Maintenance Worker - Full Time
Job Title: Maintenance - All Craft
40 hours/week Full time Benefits include 403(b) Retirement plan with employer match, subsidized health insurance, paid time off.
Position Summary This position is responsible for general and preventive maintenance of all sites as well as ensuring compliance with all regulatory authorities related to buildings, properties, equipment, vehicles and life safety code.
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections of all sites, vehicles and designated equipment as specified and ensures all deficiencies are corrected. Ensures facilities, properties, equipment and vehicles are safe and well maintained.
- Performs routine repairs specified through a work order system.
- Completes lawn maintenance, landscaping and snow plowing for designated sites.
- Completes routine documentation regarding preventative maintenance, work orders, vehicle inspections, purchases and other reporting systems as required.
- Ensures contract vendors complete special projects as specified and monitor quality of service provided by routine service vendors.
- Maintains compliance with standards, laws, rules and/or regulations related to buildings, properties, equipment, and vehicles with all regulatory authorities (i.e. DODD, ODH, MCHD and local fire officials).
- Alternates on-call status with maintenance coworkers.
- Performs all other essential duties as assigned.
- Responsible for upkeep of Pool and Spa.
- Demonstrates teamwork, cooperation and effective working relationships with clients, family members, coworkers, supervisory staff, subordinates, professionals and others to facilitate service delivery and a positive agency image.
- Adheres to the agency policies and acts as a role model in adherence to these policies.
Bona-fide Occupationally Required Competencies and Credentials:
- Must have a High school diploma or GED, with at least 3 years of general maintenance experience.
- Display ability to perform general maintenance tasks including outlet wiring (no service box work), repairs, environmental modifications and adaptations, operation of equipment and tools.
- Displays knowledge of regulations related to safety and building maintenance, including local and state
- Must have personal vehicle and tools.
- Must be certified in Pool and Spa maintenance.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must have a valid Ohio Driver’s License, good driving record, and carry the proper liability insurance amounts required by the SHC.
- Must have the ability to work independently.
- Must have good communication, mathematical and reasoning skills
Location: Main Office
Travel: Daily, generally of a local nature
Reports to: Operations Manager - Buildings and Property
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt; Full-time (40 hrs./week)
Supervises: Not Applicable
Works with: Clients, external vendors, department directors and administrative support
staff, maintenance personnel, human resource representative, program and site management.
Physical Demands/Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Physical demands: While performing duties of the job, employee is required to stand, climb, walk, sit, drive, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.