Cook - Summer Camp Part time (Seasonal Position)
Are you looking for a fun and meaningful summer job? Camp Paradise needs you!
Training June 11 - 15
Week 1 June 18 -22
Week 2 June 25-29
Week 3 July 9-13
Week 4 July 16-20
Week 5 July 23-27
MON 8a - 6:30p
TUE 2:30p - 6:30p
WED 2:30p - 6:30p
THU 2:30p - 6:30p
FRI 12:00 - 4:00p
Job Title: Camp Cook—(Seasonal Summer Camp)
Position Summary: Under the general direction of the Camp Manager or Assistant Camp Manager, the Camp Cook provides meal planning, preparation, serving and clean up for camp meals.
- Plans and prepares all meals for the campers, assists with serving the meals. Meal preparation
- Completes the ordering and shopping of all food items to ensure the proper planning and
- Maintains a clean, orderly and sanitary kitchen which meet applicable Department of Health
- Performs first aid, CPR, health-related activity, and crisis management as requested and required.
- Ensures the protection of individual rights.
- Adheres to the assigned work schedule; may be asked to work other shifts.
- Demonstrates teamwork, cooperation and effective working relationships with clients, family members, coworkers, supervisory staff, subordinates, professionals and others to facilitate
- Adheres to the agency policies and acts as a role model in adherence to these policies.
- Performs all other essential duties as assigned.
must be performed according to Department of Health Food Service Operations.
preparation of meals.
service delivery and a positive agency image.
Bona-fide Occupationally Required Competencies and Credentials:
- Must have a high school diploma, or equivalent and 1 year of experience with food service operations.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must obtain and maintain certification in First Aid, CPR, Crisis Management and other areas as required. (Training provided)
- Must have a valid Ohio Driver’s License and good driving record.
Location: Camp Paradise.
Travel: Community activities as planned, including shopping sites.
Reports to: Camp Manager and/or Assistant Camp Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt; Full-time (40/hrs. per week); Seasonal
Works with: Clients, families, professionals and medical specialists, administrative support staff, and maintenance personnel.
Physical Demands/Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Physical demands: While performing duties of the job, employee is required to stand, walk, sit, drive, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.