Direct Support Professional $9.75 starting wage - increase to $10.24 after 45 days!!
Direct Support Professional - $9.75 starting wage increase to $10.24 after 45 days!!
Make a difference in someone's life! Join the SHC team for a rewarding career assisting individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities in Medina County.
SHC is a premier agency in Medina County serving individuals and their families for over 63 years. SHC partners with individuals with disabilities and their families to provide a full range of services to assist them in living a quality life in their chosen community.
We are looking for motivated career minded individuals for the position of Direct Care staff in Medina County to assist individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities, focusing on excellent quality care. Full and Part time positions available.
- Supports individuals in developing their physical, intellectual, social, and emotional capacities to the fullest extent.
- Provides assistance or supervision in personal care such as eating, bathing, grooming, toileting, and dressing.
- Ensures the protection of individuals rights.
- Provides transportation and assistance to individuals for medical appointments, recreational outings, or personal outings.
- Provides input to Specialists (OT) (PT) and QIDP(s) regarding IP goals and objectives.
- Maintains the safety and cleanliness of the group home: complete routine chore list as assigned.
- Conducts assigned skill training and behavior management program, records and documents required data.
- Demonstrates teamwork, cooperation and effective working relationships with clients, family members, coworkers, supervisory staff, subordinates, professionals and others to facilitate quality of care.
- Performs medication administration and health-related activities as prescribed.
- Performs all other essential duties as assigned.
- Must have a high school diploma, or equivalent.
- Must be able to remain alert to problems, needs or emergencies that might arise on any shift, maintaining a safe environment for the residents.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must obtain and maintain certification in Medication Administration, First Aid, CPR, Crisis Management and other courses as required
- Must have a valid Ohio Driver’s License, good driving record, and carry the proper liability insurance amounts required by the SHC.
SHC offers an array of benefits to part time and full time employees:
- Paid Training.
- Every other weekend off.
- Competitive double time pay for holidays worked.
- Educational/enrichment programs offered throughout the year.
- Retirement plan 403(b) with company match.
- Full time employees will earn vacation and sick time, and may select from an array of benefits including health, dental, vision, life, long term disability, short term disability, hospital indemnity, accident insurance and much much more.
- Part time employees are also eligible for vision coverage if working 20 hours or more.