Direct Support Professional DSP Huron County
Full time available. $9.75 per hour starting rate with increase to $10.24 pay period following 45 days of employment. Great benefit package for full time including paid time off, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, and employer contribution towards health benefits. Please call Will at 419-295-9023 for more information.
Job Title: Direct Support Professional —Day Program
Position Summary: Under the general direction of the Day Program Supervisor and Operations Manager, the Direct Support Professional provides curriculum implementation, active treatment, skill development and assistance for the client in the assigned area and in accordance with each client’s Individual Plan (IP) and plan of care, and within the parameters of the program curriculum, and policies and procedures of SHC. (Duties may vary with caseload or shift assignment).
- Supports individuals in developing their physical, intellectual, social, and vocational capacities to the fullest extent through the adult learning curriculum developed for the day program.
- Provides assistance or supervision in personal care such as eating, toileting, bathing, grooming and dressing.
- Ensures the protection of individual rights.
- Provides transportation and assistance to individuals for curriculum activities, medical appointments, recreational outings, personal outings or vocational activities as assigned.
- Provides input to Specialist (OT) (PT), QIDP’s(s), Program Manager and Curriculum Manager regarding IP goals and objectives. Coordinates data collection for programs as assigned.
- Maintains the safety and cleanliness of the site. Completes routine chore list as assigned.
- Conducts assigned course work, skill training and behavior support; records and documents required data.
- Adheres to the assigned work schedule; may be asked to work other shifts; weekends; holidays as requested and to relieve other Direct Support Professional in case of illness or emergency.
- Demonstrates teamwork, cooperation and effective working relationships with clients, family members, coworkers, supervisory staff, subordinates, professionals and others to facilitate
- Adheres to the agency policies and acts as a role model in adherence to these policies.
- Performs medication administration and health related activities as prescribed.
- Performs all other essential duties as assigned.
service delivery and a positive agency image.
- Support community integration for individuals within the agency
Bona-fide Occupationally Required Competencies and Credentials:
- Must have a high school diploma, or equivalent.
- Must be able to remain alert to problems, needs or emergencies that might arise on any shift, maintaining a safe environment for the residents.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must obtain and maintain certification in Medication Administration, First Aid, CPR, PMT and other courses as required
- Must have a valid Ohio Driver’s License, good driving record, and carry the proper liability insurance amounts required by the SHC.
- Must complete DODD orientation to Supported Employment Web Course as assigned by supervisor.
Location: As assigned.
Travel: Meetings and site visits within the agency; meetings, training/seminars and outings outside of
Reports to: Day Program Supervisor andOperations Manager.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt; Full-time (35 to 40/hrs. per week) or Part-time (less than 35 hrs. per week).
Works with: Clients, families, professionals and medical specialists, administrative support staff, and maintenance personnel.
Physical Demands/Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Physical demands: While performing duties of the job, employee is required to stand, walk, sit, drive, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!